Arms – Chameleon Variable Threat System Beard styles models.
Centerville, TN — There’s a problem in many shoot/no-shoot scenarios and CQB training. Students’ minds are not learning effective target discrimination, largely due to a lack of appropriate training tools. Most training relies on repetitive paper targets. The same bad guys. The same good guys. The same hostages, poses, clothes, and weapons. Students learn to react to an image that is imprinted on their minds, instead of using their minds to think, analyze and identify. This is not effective target processing.
This is why T.Rex Arms has developed the Chameleon Variable Threat System. These fully randomized humanoid paper targets ensure that students will never see the same target twice. Effectively identifying threats based on visual criteria is a skill that every armed citizen needs to master, whether civilian, military, or law enforcement. This is the next generation of target identification training for Live-Fire and Simunition scenarios.
The Chameleon targets are generated using 3D models and a customized animation rig for realistic poses, objects, and textures, supporting an incredibly wide array of randomized target variables:
• Thousands of unique poses depicting specific body language, weapon manipulations, hostage takers, hostages, neutral poses, non-weapon actions, traps, and threats.
• Dozens of clothing styles with infinite color variations and insignia, and random glasses, hats, and mask combinations, as well as various law enforcement uniforms.
How to shave your beard
• Thousands of combinations of hair and beard styles, with infinite hair colors and lengths.
• Custom tattoo library, skin aging, and infinite body types and skin tones.
• Parametrically-driven facial features and facial expression system.
• A large library of realistically detailed long guns, handguns, melee weapons, tools, non-weapon items, body armor, bomb vests, etc.
• Randomized camera angles from the front, back, and side, adding further variations to the pose library.
For each category of target, we are rendering tens of thousands of unique images, making it impossible to memorize the targets in a shoot house. Every target is a completely different image of a unique person that will need to be analyzed every time. The variety of options available allow trainers to set up any scenario, and the highly detailed characteristics of targets allow for additional training opportunities such as graded after-action reports, suspect descriptions, weapon identification, and more.
On top of each unique target image we’ve placed a simple two-part scoring zone which is invisible at distance. These hitboxes are calculated in true 3D space to take actual vital organs and skeletal systems into account, and are occluded by the target’s own limbs and held objects. The final product is printed on standard 24” x 36” matte 20lb paper, with additional 3” and 5” utility targets for other drills, and corner target description text so trainers can easily find the targets they need for a given scenario.
Tubes of threat and non-threat targets can be ordered from www.trex-arms.com today, or the Chameleon Software can be used to generate large custom orders. Custom orders can be made up of any percentages of any target type, threat category, and camera angle.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about customized targets, and how to use them to combat training complacency.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 12th, 2019 at 19:00 and is filed under Press Release, Training. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Best looking beards