How to trim a beard
Beard grooming and trimming tips for different beard styles
The beard grooming and trimming fundamentals we outline in this guide will help you shape, style and maintain the beard that you always wanted. There are no special skills required, just a good beard trimmer. Not a big deal to meet your beard growth goals. Short trimmed beard styles.
To keep your stubble looking stylish, not scruffy, trim it every day. Your goal here is not beard growth per se but even stubble is a beard style that needs proper attention to acheive the right look.
1. Clean shave the area of your face and neck leaving only the hair in the area of your future stubble mustache and beard.
2. Set the length setting on your beard trimmer to the shortest setting (0.4mm).
3. Trim your beard in the opposite direction of hair growth. To keep your stubble looking stylish, not scruffy, trim every day.
To keep crisp lines and beard definition shave and trim every day.
1. Outline the desired shape of your beard by clean shaving your cheeks and neck leaving only the hair in the intended mustache and beard area.
New hair and beard style 2016
2. Set your trimmer length to the desired beard length and run the trimmer over your beard and mustache. You may want to change the trimmer length to make your beard tighter higher on the sides and longer as you move down to your chin.
3. Reduce the trimmer length setting to about 3 mm or less to fade your beard off.
4. Comb the beard and hair around your mouth downward and trim any uneven hairs.
You are done sculpting and fading. Easy! To maintain this look and keep crisp lines and beard definition you should shave and trim every morning.
Shave your neck and cheeks regularly. Trim as desired.
1. Let your hair grow out to become full and even.
2. Comb your beard in the direction it grows prior to trimming.
3. Clean shave your neck and cheeks, outlining the desired shape of your beard.
4. Start with a longer length trimmer setting and work your way down to trim your beard to the desired length. You may want to change the trimmer length to make your beard tighter higher on the sides and longer as you move down to your chin.
Keep your whiskers tame and neat. Shave your neck and cheeks regularly to maintain the shape.
1. Skip shaving. Run the trimmer over your facial hair at the desired length.
2. Reduce the length by a third and go over your jawline and adam’s apple.
Top beard styles 2016
3. Bring trimmer setting down to 3mm - 2mm and trim the rest below.
As you can see, growing a beard and maintaining facial hair are not all that difficult. Having a beard is not only a healthy way of living but also is an expression of your own personal style, differentiating you from the crowd.
Check out these great celebrity beard styles to get some ideas of your beard growth options. Take into consideraton the shape of your face, trying to match the shape of your face with one of the celebrities and then consider adopting elements of the beard styling they are using.